- Standard roles are typically:
- Administrator (full permissions): Users can access every piece of functionality in HealtheFirst
- Basic User ("no" permissions): Users can only access their services, their patients, and an address book of other users
- Are other, non-standard roles required (access only to billing, access only to configuration, etc.)?
- Are there any payroll considerations? Do certain users require the same permissions, but different payment for completing certain services?
Use the standard HealtheFirst interface to enter user role details (Staff > [dropdown] > Roles > Create New Role). Please keep the following in mind:
- As with all manual entry options, this can be slightly labor intensive if there are a large number of roles required for your organization. However, there are typically only a few roles, and manual entry provides the quickest and most reliable way for you to enter data.
- Role names and permissions can be easily updated at any time, so if there are any concerns about what permissions a certain role should have, always default to less permissions, and you can grant more to that group when needed/requested.