- What rates do you bill for and need in the system?
- Do you want to have user-friendly names for these rates?
- Are there non-billable services that you want to track (ie employee reimbursement for training)?
- Do you want users to "complete" unit services with a date and unit total or start/end times?
Use the standard HealtheFirst interface to enter billing rates (Billing Rates > Create New Billing Rate). Please keep the following in mind:
- As with all manual entry options, this can be slightly labor intensive if there are a large number of rates required for your organization. However, manual entry provides the most reliable, and typically the quickest, way for you to enter data.
- If users get paid directly for services with a specific billing rate, you can enter those payment rates from this page, or from the user role.
- Billing rates that do not need to be reimbursed will not be available for a service related to a patient, and vice-versa. This is how we distinguish between billable and non-billable rates.